[cvsnt] CVSNT and Storage area networks

Andrew Corbett ACorbett at navman.com
Thu Jun 24 01:17:51 BST 2004

Hi,

Our IT department is moving to a model where the applications and their
storage are separated;  the applications run on an application server
and the storage is on a SAN (storage area network).  I've read in
various places that it is not good to run CVSNT with the repository
stored on a network share.  In our case, I think the SAN will look like
a network share.  Does anyone have any experience with using cvsnt with
a SAN?  Does anyone know whether this will work (reliably) or not?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew