[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 21:00:03 BST 2004

> It describes the client view of the cvsignore list (compared to the
> server view, which -s give you - it just happends that for
> cvsignore/cvswrappers they're often identical - the different really
> only matters for the protocols), but if you're in a sandbox at the
> time it'll contact the server so it gets a complete view of the list.
> If you run it outside the sandbox (without a CVSROOT set) it'll give
> just the data available to it which is just the local settings.

Yes, I can see that and it does so fine. It's just that it comes back twice
(see the example) and I don't really see a reason for that. I was operating
outside a sandbox and had no CVSROOT set and I could tell that it wasn't
contacting any servers because otherwise my desktop firewall would have
logged it...

Cheers,

--
Oliver