[cvsnt] add file to an old branch

Andreas Schweigstill andreas.schweigstill at detewe.de
Fri Jun 25 13:06:58 BST 2004

Hi Shihab!

Shihab K B wrote:
> E:\sos\version_2_2>cvs add goo.h
> cvs server: cannot add file on non-branch tag rel6-0-0
>
> But their is a branch called "Version_2_2". I could
> modify any file in
> this directory and could commit it.

It seems that you performed the check-out or update only on the files in
the directory but not on the directory itself. So you should try the
following:

E:\
cd \sos
cvs update -r Version_2_2 version_2_2

This shouldn't affect files which are not already checked in; CVS will
give a warning that there are unknown files:

? version_2_2/goo.h

but they won't be deleted. Afterwards you can add them:

cvs add version_2_2/goo.h

With best regards
Andreas

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill
CorTech A/S ZN Kiel, Sedanstrasse 14b, D-24116 Kiel, Germany
E-Mail: andreas.schweigstill at detewe.de