[cvsnt] What Server setups/specs do people with a large number of developers/users actually use out there?

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Mon Jun 28 18:07:00 BST 2004

G'day Everyone,

I've been using CVSNT+WinCVS+ViewCVS+Bugzilla+CVSMailer, sucessfully in
my team ~12 developers for about a year and a half now.  I started by
running a CVSNT Server on my win2k development machine as well as
serving a what has grown to be a 800 Bug/Issue Bugzilla database.

I have subsequently moved CVSNT off to another win2k machine that became
available as teams in other departments start to experiment in their own
repositories.  I currently do nightly backups (A tar.gz of 5
repositories totalling about 1.5GB) to a NAS which is looked after by
the real system administrators.

Management are now finally becoming interested to the point where some
real action is starting to take place.

I am interested to find out the details about what setups people with
serious requirements 100-300 developers use with the intent of using
this information to help spec out a system.

Number of users?
Number of Repositories?
OS?
OS Flavour?
Disk Size and Setup?
NAS/Backup usage?
Hotswap Machines?
Mirrors?
Number of Administrators/People in the "admin" files?
Number of people with commit rights?
Auto build tools?

Cheers and Thanks
Mikew