[cvsnt] Re: More Newbie Questions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jun 30 01:45:19 BST 2004

Steve Forsyth wrote:
> So, now it looks like it runs.. although, I'm not getting back any kind
> of prompt or anything... I enter    "extnt.exe <servername> -l
> <username> cvs server"    and it goes to the next line and either is
> waiting for me to enter something or it is hanging.
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly should I be expecting when I enter
> the above line :)

That means it's made the connection OK... you could type cvs protocol
stuff into it but there's not much point.

> I try it in IntelliJ and it the message box looks like it must have
> connected because it says it's "reading data from server" but it looks
> like it is hanging at that point too.

No idea what's wrong there..  assuming it's doing something relatively
short it shouldn't take long.

There may be something that intellij needs to happen to make things
work... if you could get some logging out of it it'd help.