[cvsnt] Re: Best Practices for server synchronization

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jun 30 02:18:11 BST 2004

Mike Langas wrote:
> Does anyone have any best practice suggestions for keeping two cvsnt
> repositories in sync?  I've read some stuff on the cvs site that mostly suggest
> using one server if possible, but we have a requirement to have two.
>
> I'm not very familiar with windows so I don't know if tools like rsync exist in
> that environment.

There are such tools for Win32, but as Bo indicated already CVS won't
work with multiple masters (unless you're willing to put up with very
nasty possible problems).  If you stay with a single repository, you can
use compression and it'll go a long way for making even distant users happy.

You might want to look into Arch, it was designed for distributed use --
but it is UNIX-only and fairly complex.

--
Glen Starrett