[cvsnt] Re: CVS & Branching Models

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 4 22:17:09 GMT 2004

Daniel Lapolla wrote:

> We are concerned with CVSNT performance, since our smaller project has
> 15,000 files and our development team throughput is around 150 change
> requests per month.

Branching 15,000 files 7 times a day is going to get burdensome really
fast.  That's something CVSNT isn't good at right now (I've got some
stuff in the pipeline to fix that but there's no release date planned
for it).

One way around it is to branch the subset of the files you're working
on.  If that's not possible there are things like subversion which have
rapid branching which might be more suitable.