[cvsnt] Re: Networking mystery....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Mon Mar 8 22:13:20 GMT 2004

Adding to the mystery:
I checked what a commit would do and it actually commits my changed
file.
Seems like something has broken for update.
Diff also will never finish, but if run from WinCvs it seems to use
update anyway.

What can cause cvs update to behave like this?

/Bo

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:22:30 GMT, bo.berglund at system3r.se (Bo
Berglund) wrote:

>Tony & other networking people,
>I would like some help on this, it totally mystifies me....
>
>I have two PC:s, one a laptop and the other a desktop. On both these I
>have checked out the same codebase from a CVSNT server accessible via
>a PPTP tunnel through the Internet.
>On the laptop my login name is not the same as an account on the
>remote network domain so I have set cvsroot as
>:sspi:bosse at cvsserver:/PC whereas on the desktop I am logged in with
>an account that has a duplicate (name password) on the remote domain,
>so the CVSROOT is in this case simply :sspi:cvsserver:/PC.
>For the laptop I have then had to do a cvs login, but that was before
>I checked out the code.
>
>Now the strange problem:
>On the laptop I have a number of modified files I want to commit, but
>first I need to do an update. But the update results only in a long
>(network timeout?) delay after which the update exits with code 1.
>Curiously this only happens when I do an update that contains changed
>files (either update on the directory or directly on a changed file).
>If I do the same on a non-edited file the update runs through fully.
>And I can easily do other things like graph the offending file in
>WinCvs or do a status etc.
>
>But cvs update on my changed files fails miserably.
>
>(I have seen that the cvs server will actually create a temporary
>directory during the time I am waiting for the update to complete,
>after this it is deleted).
>
>When I test the same on the desktop all operations work fine....
>
>What should I be looking for? Of course the real edited files reside
>on my laptop, not on the desktop.
>
>CVSNT version on the server is 2.0.26 and the clients are 2.0.11
>
>???
>

>/Bo Berglund

/Bo Berglund