[cvsnt] Setup CVSNT on WinXP Home

Joe Jones jones_enterprises2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 14:52:32 GMT 2004

Hello All,
I am new to the CVSNT arena, I am attempting to setup CVSNT on WinXP Home
edition.  I have successfully installed the software and created the 2
necessary directories.  What I am having problems with is setting up the
root and setting up user access.  My users will be across the net, therefore
should I establish the cvsroot as a pserver or sshi?

I tried the pserver and everytime I go into WinCVS and attempt to login with
my username/password that I setup, I get an error in connecting.  The error
states that the password or cvsroot is empty and that I should login again.

Any help on setting this up correctly (clear cut instructions) would be
great.

I appreciate it