[cvsnt] CVSNT/WinCVS/SSPI/SSH problems

Thomas Muller ttm at online.no
Tue Mar 9 18:22:37 GMT 2004

Hi,

I just configured CVS-NT and WinCVS, but have some problems with SSPI
authentication (pserver works fine). For SSPI the server response with

CVSROOT: ttm at gollum:C:/BaseCamp/VersionControl (sspi authentication)
cvs -q checkout OnRelay (in directory C:\BaseCamp\Temp)
cvs [checkout aborted]: Authentication protocol rejected access

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

The server runs CVS-NT 2.0.34 on Win2k Pro SP4. The CVS passwd file
contains one line:

ttm:

My local box and the server box has the user "ttm" defined with
administration privileges and the same password. None of the boxes are
part of a domain. The WinCVS version on the client is 1.3.16.1 beta 16
on Win2k Pro SP4

I have another question related to SSH as well. I tried to use pserver
via an SSH server on a third box (on the open Net), i.e. the client
connects to localhost (port 2401 and 2402), the ssh client forwards to
two designated ports on the remote ssh server, the remote ssh server
forwards the ports  to the host running cvsnt. This didn't work,
however, the connection attempts were immediately rejected, even through
telnet. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

--

Thomas