[cvsnt] cvsnt setup

Kareem Ghazal kareem.ghazal at electronicmagic.com
Fri Mar 12 10:12:58 GMT 2004

hi, I'm a beginner to cvs and windows so my questions should be simple to
answer hopefully and I appreciate anyone's help in advance.

I have 3 PCs (all windows XP pro) connected together through a router which
connects to the internet. I want to use one of the PCs as the CVS repository
(lets call that one serverPC) and the other 2 PCs as the clients.  Following
the installation tips from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips I
created the c:\cvsrepo and c:\cvstemp on serverPC. Now my first 3 questions
are more of windows XP question.

1) how do I change the security settings for cvstemp to allows full control
for all accounts including SYSTEM.

2) how do I create a group called CVSUsers on serverPC and how do I add all
the CVS users as members of this group.

3) in the installation tips it says "login as administrator and right click
on c:\cvsrepo and select properties. Click on the 3rd tab for permissions,
and give full control permissions for CVSUsers and SYSTEM accounts", however
when I right clicked on cvsrepo there was no 3rd tab for permissions, so how
should I do that?

If it's possible, if somebody could walk me (with some details) through the
windows XP setup on serverPC before I actually install cvsnt, it would be
fantastic.

I still have more questions about the setup but I'll wait till after I did
the above.

Thank you,
Kareem