[cvsnt] Problem setting up a CvsNT server on WinXP.

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Tue Mar 16 16:35:05 GMT 2004

  Hi all.

  I tried setting up CvsNT on my machine but ran into a problem.
Every time I try to connect to my server using a sspi protocol I
get an error: 'cvs [version aborted]: Can't authenticate - server
and client cannot agree on an authentication scheme (got '')'

  Platform:
    - Windows XP Professional with all Windows updates.
    - CvsNT version 2.0.34 (both full and typical installations)

  Command used to repeat the buggy behavior:
    'cvs -d :sspi:localhost:\Test version'.

  I wasn't able to fix the problem by trying any of the following:
    1. Simply reinstalling CvsNT.
    2. Reinstalling CvsNT in a folder that does not have spaces
        in it's path ('c:/cvsnt').
    3. Reinstalling CvsNT under a user account that has a simple
        name ('GGG').

  The '\Test' repository has been created, CVSROOT and temp
folders set on the server side and I have checked access
privileges to both of them.

  If I connect directly using a 'local' protocol then everything
works as expected.

  I've searched on the net for more information, but came up
only with some other people asking about the same problem,
but never saw a solution.

  Is there anything newbie-like I am doing wrong?

  Thanks in advance.

  Best regards,
    Jurko