[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Future enhancements

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 22 13:05:05 GMT 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:07:19 -0000, "Wayne Bond" <wbo at force.tv> wrote:

>I want to know if there is an area where info on CVSNT future versions and
>enhancement requests are held - c.f. WinCVS. I've seen the Bug tracking page
>at cvsnt.org/mantis, but this doesn't seem to list enchancements as well
>(like WinCVS on sourceforge does).

There's a category for feature requests in the bug database.
Enhancements are usually discussted here first, although I suspect I
have 90% of them in my head at the moment (mostly because I know where
I'm heading with CVS).

There's a need for a place to discuss future development I think
(cvsnt-dev?) as it's currently limited to my own problem solving
abilities... mostly I think because there's no obvious forum for
debating the technical improvements for the next version (except when
someone's trying to talk me into implementing something or other, when
the ensuing discussing can get quite detailed).  Case in point was
this weekend when I hit a wall trying to solve a problem and extra
input would have been handy.