[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Future enhancements

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 22 13:35:23 GMT 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:25:07 -0000, "Wayne Bond" <wbo at force.tv> wrote:

>The new feature I was hoping to see is a proper move/rename feature; some of
>our projects are insisting on needing this. I first posted this
>(incorrectly) to the WinCVS area.  Oliver Giesen pointed me to cvsnt,
>suggesting this may be added for CVSNT 2.1 - is this right? If so when might
>that happen, and is there a definition of what that will comprise?

That's quite a long way down the road on the current plan, and in fact
is related to the stuff I have trouble with at the moment :)

Barically the current CVS architecture would be a complete nightmare
to get any kind of rename feature (at least a useful one... you can do
it by doing a delete/add sequence on files, but of course there's a
disconnected history then.. and you can't track directory renames at
all).