[cvsnt] Re: New CVS Notification Program

Terris Linenbach nospam at nospam.com
Tue Mar 30 01:15:30 BST 2004

Right, cvsmailer sends email whereas CVSNotify also supports news (nntp) and
IRC.

CVSMailer is easier to use and the HTML is prettier.

CVSNotify has more levers and knobs which, if you don't need them, are
confusing.  CVSNotify will retry when SMTP, etc. servers are down.

Not sure if cvsmailer handles taginfo as most people aren't interested in
logging tag operations.  I had a really hard time making taginfo
notification fast.  After I cracked that nut, I was able to add IRC without
causing CVS operations to crawl.

I would have cleaned up the the "software" and ProgrammersCanvasToolkit wiki
pages but they are immutable to me.   DevGuy CVSNotify is for all intents
and purposes a new thing.  The code has been rewritten and repackaged as a
stand-alone product separate from the rest of the toolkit.  All for the low
low cost of nothing.

-t

news:c4a64k$rnj$1 at paris.nodomain.org...