[cvsnt] Re: Off topic: Is there anyway to programatically start IIS installer?

Yavuz AKYAZICI yavuz at asiaminorcarpets.com
Tue Mar 30 15:46:03 BST 2004

Hi Bo,

> I think that trying to automatically launch this will be rather hard,
> especially since you may also bump into "Please enter the Windows XP
> CD" message...

Actually, I figured as much. Asking for Windows CD would be OK.
However, if i am not mistaken, some Microsoft installers like MSDE,
can return some params when they are done, if there was a similar scenario,
it would still be ok if IIS installer returned success and wwwroot locations
as
params so our installer could go on.

Also, Most newer systems (like dell and some others) have all winXP setup
files
copied to the drive at the factory installation. So the don't ask for winXP
CD for
IIS installation.

Since nothing comes up in google or MSDN, I guess this may not be possible.
Then, we might have to make a very good help sectionj for IIS installation.
May be even a flash movie.

Yavuz