[cvsnt] Re: Off topic: Is there anyway to programatically start IIS installer?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 30 03:45:30 BST 2004

IIS is a part of Windows and the install is reached thru the Control
Panel Add/Remove Programs /Windows Components.

I think that trying to automatically launch this will be rather hard,
especially since you may also bump into "Please enter the Windows XP
CD" message...

/Bo

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:11:51 -0500, "Yavuz AKYAZICI"
<yavuz at asiaminorcarpets.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>Since everyone is a developer here, I thought it would not hurt to ask.
>
>We are in the middle of a development project and this will effect some of
>the decisions we will make.
>I was wondering if it is possible to trigger IIS Windows installer from our
>application's installer?
>We will try to create some webservices to use with our app but if we have to
>go thru support calls
>for installing and configurin IIS, it will not make much sense since our app
>is aimed towards
>average users.
>
>So, is it possible to do this?
>I mean is it possible to start IIS windows installer and even configure it
>by another installer thru
>running a windows script?
>
>If it is, where should i look for documentation.
>I searched google and MSDN but nothing came up...
>
>Thanks
>
>Yavuz

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)