[cvsnt] Content of CVS/Repository file redundant?

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Wed May 26 09:53:02 BST 2004

Hello NG,

after updating our CVSNT Server/Clients to version 2.0.41a I noticed a
change in the mentioned file. When I do a fresh checkout the file
content looks like

 R:/Path/To/Repo/directory

which used to be

 directory

in earlier versions of CVSNT (don't know exactly how old the working
copy is...)

We have no repository prefix configured on the server. So the
information "R:/Path/To/Repo" is part of the CVSROOT stored in the
file CVS/Root.

What was the intention of this change? Is it a mistake or will it stay
this way?

Context: The WinCVS Macro CvsView.py (and maybe others?) use the
information of this file. If the change stays in effect, changes to
depending scripts or macros are necessary.

Thanks for your information,

Oliver Koltermann