[cvsnt] Re: Content of CVS/Repository file redundant?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed May 26 12:32:59 BST 2004

On 26 May 2004 10:53:02 +0200, Oliver Koltermann
<okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello NG,
>
>after updating our CVSNT Server/Clients to version 2.0.41a I noticed a
>change in the mentioned file. When I do a fresh checkout the file
>content looks like
>
> R:/Path/To/Repo/directory
>
>which used to be
>
> directory
>
>What was the intention of this change? Is it a mistake or will it stay
>this way?

It is valid to have an absolute repository file, but there is no
change to CVSNT in this regard - it has always been a possibility (the
client/server protocol allows both formats and the client handles it -
it's actually a compile option in options.h).

Presumably there's something that's triggered the use of absolute
repositories on your system... from the code it's not obvious what
would do this though.