[cvsnt] Unable to remove file in 2.0.58c

Mallavarapu, Aneil mallavar at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:17:06 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've had a very similar problem, although it only crops up when
accessing the server via SSH.  Doing a commit when accessing
the repository as a locally mounted folder works fine.  (Whether
I'm committing a new file or an altered file makes no difference)

I'm using:
    CVSNT 2.0.58a
    OpenSSH 3.8.1p1 (after several days gave up on CVSNT's SSH server)
    Tortoise 1.8.1, TortoisePlink .55

So, when using

       CVSROOT = :local:/cvsroot, everything seems to work.

however, using
       CVSROOT = :ext:AdminLevelAcct at the-cvs-server-ip-address:/cvsroot

fails, from the server itself or from a remote client.  I get an error
similar to the one
you described.  Here is the text from TortoiseCVS:

In C:\Code\b1: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "commit" "-m"
"test cvs commit from the cvs server" "b.system"
CVSROOT=:ext:AdminLevelAcct at the-cvs-server-ip-address:/cvsroot

Checking in b.system;
/cvsroot/b1/b.system,v  <--  b.system
Unable to rename file /cvsroot/b1/,b.system, to /cvsroot/b1/,b.system,
for 1 second, still trying...
Unable to rename file /cvsroot/b1/,b.system, to /cvsroot/b1/,b.system,
for 2 seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file /cvsroot/b1/,b.system, to /cvsroot/b1/,b.system,
for 3 seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file /cvsroot/b1/,b.system, to /cvsroot/b1/,b.system,
for 4 seconds, still trying...
etc... until it fails

>Here is a transcript of the transaction
>
>cvs.exe "-z3" "commit" "-m" "No longer needed"
"source/wcDataGrid.ascx.vb"