[cvsnt] Stop cvsnt 'crash dump' dialog?

Pat Galea wlist at dudegalea.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 09:51:39 GMT 2004

Pat Galea wrote:

> Actually, that's not entirely true. The first few dialogs ask if I'd
> like to generate a crashdump. After that, the remaining ones just say
> something like "Failed to create crashdump".

I've now had a chance to look at a few of these, and I've revised my
impression of what's happening.

I think that *all* of the attempts to create a crashdump are failing.
Each failure pops up a dialog stating this, but because there are
already a bunch of "Do you want to create a crashdump" dialogs pending,
the "Failed" dialogs are sent to the back of the queue. So it appears to
me as a group of "Do you want" dialogs followed by a group of "Failed"
dialogs. (I think this because the number of "Failed" dialogs appears to
be the same as the number of "Do you want" dialogs.)

The "Failed" dialogs each report the same error (error 5). FWIW, the
Local System account has full write access to the directory in which the
crashdump is trying to be written. A zero length crashdump file of the
right name is created.

pg

--
Pat Galea