[cvsnt] Question about multi users working on same machine.

pierce li pierce.li at utstar.com
Mon Nov 8 12:39:45 GMT 2004

I'm using WinCVS to CVSNT. I've been annoyed by this problem for over times. Anybody can give me a hand?

the problem is: suppose a user 'Peter' login to CVSNT(through WinCVS) on a machine and check out a project. Then another user 'John' login to CVSNT on the same machine, with the same ROOT directore. He can successfully login, but will be failed to do update, or commit, while getting the error message 'Authentication Failed'. If he try to logout, he will find the logging out user is 'Peter'. Then no one can update/commit that project any more, unless they re-check out the project to another different folder.
I guess the hidden 'CVS' folder can't hold two different users infomation at the same time, can it? How can I solve this problem? I'm really suffered. Thanks!

B.R.

Pierce