[cvsnt] Commit nofify for commit on certain branch

Thomas Keller me at thomaskeller.biz
Mon Nov 15 14:23:10 GMT 2004

Hi folks!

We've been having some hard time over here in my company to
define some new cvs guidelines. One major thing is that HEAD
and release_x_y branches always contain stable source, while
all other branches may be unstable and merged into stable
branches if they've been tested  thoroughly.
Now we want to inform all developers of a certain module if
somebody merged his project/ bugfix into a stable branch so that
the others can update their unstable branches with the new code.

Is cvsnt capable to pass the branch tag on which the commit happens
to commitinfo so that a nitty-gritty script could grab it up and decide
whether or not it should send a notification?

Furthermore if this "merge" commit happens  the "unstable" branch
should be set to readonly so that no commit  "accidents" happen to
this branch. Not quite so important, but a nice to have.

Thanks for your answers,
Thomas Keller.
- inatec.com

--
Ich weiß, das ich nichts weiß. (Sokrates)