[cvsnt] Old repository haunts me!

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Oct 4 06:23:44 BST 2004

Help!

I previously had a repository called c:/CVSROOT_SermonClips. I probably had
CVSROOT defined to point to this.

I have since deleted that repository and created a new repository called
C:/CVSSermonClips and I have populated it using the import command.

I start up a new DOS session and type SET CVSROOT and it says CVSROOT not
defined. Good!

I type SET CVSROOT=:pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1/CVSSermonClips

Now I type CVS login and it comes back and says

C:\DOCUME~1\SIEGFR~1\MYDOCU~1\SERMON~1.COM>cvs login

Logging in to :pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1:2401:/CVSROOT_SermonClips

CVS password:

Arghhh! Where is it getting that old repository name? It no longer exists in
the service control panel.

I can login if I use cvs -d :pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1/CVSSermonClips.
However, emacs needs to use CVSROOT.

Somewhere, the cvs client has cached that CVSROOT for me and I need to flush
it! How do I flush that cache?

  Thanks,

      Siegfried