[cvsnt] Testing a new release of CVSNT

Anders Jacob Truelsen at at systematic.dk
Tue Oct 12 13:46:52 BST 2004

Hi Folks

I want to upgrade our ancient CVSNT server but management want some kind
of reassurance that nothing brakes with the new version (History: This
happened back in January 2003 and heads almost rolled. Since then nobody
has dared to touch the server).

Now I have to come up with some kind of well-defined test that verifies
that a new server version does what it is supposed to do, before I can
update the server.

Instead of writing a huge test with cases for this and that scenario
there must be a standard test that is run when a new release is build. I
know at least CVS used to have such a thing that all new features had to
first survive and secondly to extend.

Is there such a test for CVSNT that I can adopt?

Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Anders Truelsen