[cvsnt] Impact of cvsroot/config SystemAuth- setting when usi ng sspi (and not pserver) to administer CVS

Adrian Crossley adrian.crossley at hesa.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 09:17:22 BST 2004

>From the manual: "If SystemAuth = Yes the user is considered to be an
administrator ... if they are in the 'Administrators' group (NT) ..."

Also you can set the permissions on CVSROOT to restrict changes to that too
e.g.
xcacls c:\cvsnt /T /P                       BUILTIN\Administrators:F "NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F" /Y
xcacls c:\cvsnt\cvsroot /T /E /G            HESA_NTNET\cvs-dev:C
xcacls c:\cvsnt\cvsroot\CVSROOT  /T /E /R   HESA_NTNET\cvs-dev

>From what I have read CVSNT was originally a windowsNT port of cvs.  It now
has features that are still sadly lacking in the original cvs and has also
been back-ported to run on *nix systems too.

hope this helps
Ade