[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file 2.0.58b

Joseph Kingry jkingry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:05:17 BST 2004

Has anyone else encountered this? I upgraded our Windows 2000 server
from 2.0.58a to 2.0.58b and started getting the following upon a
commit:

Checking in FILE.NAME;
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file /PATH/,FILE.NAME, to
/PATH/,FILE.NAME,: Permission denied

Previous reference to this error all talked about hung cvs.exe
processes. I checked for these, no such processes. Uninstalled version
2.0.58b, restarted, reinstalled 2.0.58b, still the same problem.

I resolved it by reinstalling 2.0.58a, no errors now.

Joe