[cvsnt] Re: 'CVS' directories in the repository??!!??

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Mon Oct 18 20:23:58 BST 2004

Excellent - good to know - I've never used edit locks . .

Good to know.  It's simply that there are people that have been known
to do similar things here . . .:-)

Thanks!

Aaron Kynaston wrote:
> I've always been under the impression that the local CVS
directrories
> are simply for keeping a sandbox glued together and connected to CVS
.
> .
>
> Are there any reasons why a CVS directory would be put into the
> repository?  Perhaps by putting an editors lock on a file??

There have always been CVS directories in the repository... anything
that modifies the fileattr files (edit, watch, etc.) would create them.

  Now that the ACL stuff is in fileattr.xml that creates them to.