[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 02:52:58 BST 2004

--- Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote:

> rrankin1424-cvsnt at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Unfortunately, this had no effect on the rename problem in 58c. I'm about
> as
> > sure as I can reasonably be that this is *not* an A/V issue, so it looks
> like
> > I'm going to have to get the cvsnt source, build a debug version and try to
> > debug this. Could be a while, though...
>
> It would be helpful, as I can't reproduce it even under stress
> (simulating 10 users committing/updating at the same time).

Believe me, I understand how difficult it is to debug a problem you can't
reproduce. That's why I assume at this point that I'm going to have to do it
myself.

I don't currently think the rename load related either. I encountered the it
immediately after starting the server when I'm reasonably sure no one else was
connected. I just hope I can recreate the problem on a different box in a new
repository. I don't really want to try to debug using my production repository.

> btw. if you set nontsec nontea it'll not be able to preserve the Unix
> permissions in the repository.  Just nontsec will keep the permisison
> preservation on, but won't interfere with anything else.  If you don't
> have any unix clients this may not be an issue for you though.

I believe that all my users are currently windows users; however, since I'm not
sure, I'll probably change it to 'nontsec ntea'. Thanks for pointing that out.

Rick