[cvsnt] Changes in authentication since 2.0.51

Flávio Etrusco Flavio.Etrusco at atan.com.br
Tue Oct 26 04:34:58 BST 2004

Tony,

I'm having problems authenticating against a Windows2000 Pro machine after upgrading the server from 2.0.51d to 20.58x.
I remeber some conversation about this and I see there are differences in the service configuration regarding authentication, but I couldn't work it out nor find any information in the wiki.
The server is my home machine and I usually access it from work and collegue using SSPI, but 2.0.58 refuses all operations with error "unknown user or bad password" (appending the machine name as Domain in CVSROOT doesn't help). Local operatings work fine, and rolling back to 2.0.51d fixes it too. Any ides? Do I have to make any additional changes in the passwd file or in the Local Security policies?

Cheers,
Flávio