[cvsnt] chacl - priority option

Thoppay, Vignesh (GE Consumer & Industrial) vignesh.thoppay at ge.com
Fri Oct 29 08:01:36 BST 2004

Hello Everyone,

I am using SSPI to communicate with CVSNT server.

Need to set "read" permission for a domain user(vignesh) to  C:\CVSROOT\test folder using "chacl" command.
Please note that the user (vignesh)  is in Everyone group of the domain. Everyone group has full
control on "C:\CVSROOT\test" folder. Would like to set read permission for user(vignesh) to C:\CVSROOT\test folder recursively
using chacl command overriding the default permission of "Everyone group".

I tried the following command

c:\cvsroot>cvs chacl -R -u \Domain\vignesh -p105 -a read test

By executing the above command, I got the following error:
Invalid option --p

Can any one please help me to resolve this issue?

Syntax of chacl command
c:\cvsroot>cvs chacl
Usage: cvs chacl [-R] [-r branch] [-u user] [-j branch] [-n] [-p priority] [-m m
essage] [-a [no]{read|write|create|tag|control}[,...]] [-d] [file or directory..
.]
        -a access       Set access
        -d              Delete ACL
        -j branch       Apply when merging from branch
        -m message      Custom error message
        -n              Do not inherit ACL
        -p priority     Override ACL priority
        -r branch       Apply to single branch
        -R              Recursively change subdirectories
        -u user         Apply to single user

Thanks,
Vignesh