[cvsnt] Re: latest stable version of CVSNT

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Oct 29 08:10:15 BST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:38:35 +0530, "Munib" <rmdmunib at indofuji.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>       At present I am using CVSNT 1.11.1.3(build 62) in the Windows 2000 domain controller. I want to implement NTFS permissions based Read only, Read,Write access to individual domain user accounts which I am not able to with the present CVSNT 1.11.1.3(build 62).Therefore, I want to upgrade to latest stable version of CVSNT. Somebody please, help me in selecting the latest stable version of CVSNT.
>       I have planned to checkout all the available modules from CVSNT 1.11.1.3(build 62) and then install the latest stable version and then restore the modules by adding them as new modules.If there is any better way of doing this kindly suggest me. Also, let me know if there are any pre-requisites or known issues about the upgradation.
>
>Regards,
>Munib

DON'T do this!!!!

There is absolutely no reason to mess with the respository files just
because you are upgrading the CVSNT server! CVSNT works just fine
using your existing repository as is, the install/uninstall does not
touch a single file in your repository.
Doing it your way will destroy completely all revision history of your
modules.

No, just uninstall CVSNT from the control panle Add/Remove programs,
then install the chosen CVSNT version. Please note that 2.0.58 has
some as yet unresolved issues so it is better to go for 2.0.51 at the
moment.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)