[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directoryC:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724: Permisssion Denied

Rick Genter rgenter at silverlink.com
Fri Oct 29 14:53:53 BST 2004

I had to deal with this not too long ago. To turn off "simple file
sharing", do the following:

*) Open Windows Explorer
*) Under the Tools menu, choose Folder Options...
*) In the Folder Options dialog, click on the View tab.
*) Scroll the Advanced Settings pane all the way to the bottom. The last
setting is "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)". Make sure its
checkbox is unchecked.

Microsoft really needs to learn about user interface design (grrrr).

--
Rick Genter
Sr. Software Engineer