[cvsnt] Re: Starting out with CVS,

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Oct 30 06:10:23 BST 2004

WestSide wrote:
> My website and the files within the site are located in:
>
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysite

I'm assuming this is a sandbox, where you've checked out a copy of the
files from your repository.

> The first time I set it up.. I was able to commit and update through
> tortiose, but since IIS was pointing to: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mysite  we never
> saw the changes on the site.  We went to www.mysite.com and never saw the
> updated changes as the files that were modified seemed to be stored in
> c:\cvsrepo

You need to go into your webroot sandbox and do a "cvs update" to get
the latest updates from the repository.  You can use the POSTCOMMIT
script on the server to automatically do this (look through the wiki and
archives).

--
Glen Starrett