[cvsnt] Re: Disabling impersonation in SSPI

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 9 21:30:12 BST 2004

capaverde at 3ia.com.br wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to disable impersonation with SSPI protocol,
> but it's not working. CVSSERVICE keep using the user that
> logged on at client to access the CVS repository.
> My CVSNT version is 2.0.51d and I installed it on Windows
> 2000 and 2003 servers. The behavior was the same.
> At the CVS control panel applet, the "Impersonation
> enabled" option is unchecked.

It's an OS bug - you can't de-impersonate if you've impersonated an SSPI
connection (which 2.0.51 does during its authentication).  I think it
worked in 2000 and broke around the 2003/XP timeframe.

Working without impersonation is a bad idea though - it's something I
intend to get rid of as an option (replaced with the option to
impersonate as a specific nonprivileged user, which the Unix builds
already do).