[cvsnt] Waiting for user's lock and with administrator files

Kai Fat Yip (ITD - Assistant Software Manager, Engineering Dept) kfyip at hhr.com.hk
Mon Sep 27 06:38:09 BST 2004

Hi All,

I am new to cvsnt. I have checked out a repository /CVS/test on one PC.
And also I checked out at other several PCs or different working
directories at the same PC..  When I try to release it using
"TortoiseCVS". I got 2 different errors as below.

Error 1:
cvs release: in directory .:
cvs [release aborted]: CVS directory without administration files
present.  Cannot continue until this directory is deleted or renamed.

Error 2:
In C:\: C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q -Q release -d cygwin
CVSROOT=:local:/CVS/test

cvs release: [10:46:37] waiting for Unknown User's lock in
/CVS/test/123.xls

How to solve it? What wrong did I make? Thanks.

Best regards,
KF Yip