[cvsnt] Re: desagreement CVSNT/WINCVS

fabien.lyon fabien.lyon at isismpp.fr
Tue Sep 28 14:58:27 BST 2004

thanks for your reply,

Here more detail on your work:

I don't used a local access across a LAN link to access to the repoitory.
CVSNT and the repository are on the same Win2K PC. (NB: the CVSNT and the
repository are installed
on two different logical partition on the same hard disk).
The client is WinCvs using the SSPI protocol to connect to server and that
is OK.
In my company at the begining we used cvs like is highly discouraged for
some good reasons.
So we are testing a client server configuration to get a common use.
This is the process we are following to do that:
. install the CVSNT server
. install python to get macro
. copy of old repository (including the CVSROOT directory) to the local
machine where the CVSNT server is
. we have declared the repository in the CVSNT server and we have enabled
the lockServer to
. we have updated the admin file under CVSROOT directory to configure
password, access right and so on ...

after that we have got 2 problems:

The first one is
On server the LockServer is started and the admin config file for the
repositorie is like this:

LockDir=d:/repositories/cvsbis/locks
LockServer=localhost:2402

So i'm waitting for lock file in the directory specified by LockDir
variable, but the locks files are always created in directories of
the repository.

The second one is
I use the admin cvswrapper file to get merge by copy for few files of
the project.
This is working but I get the following message in the log window of
wincvs when I use the update command :
cvs update: -m wrapper option is not supported remotely; ignored

Thanks to help me if you see what is wrong in the process ...

> So i'm waitting for lock file in the directory specified by LockDir
> variable, but the locks files are always created in directories of
> the repository.

What is the CVSROOT you're using to access the repository?  Are you
trying to do local access across a LAN link?  That's highly discouraged
for some good reasons.

--
Glen Starrett