[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Sep 28 16:34:30 BST 2004

cvsnt 2.0.57 (release candidate)

I wasn't going to bother with another one but there were enough code
changes to make it worthwhile.

* Optional codepage awareness.  If you specify -o on the command line
and the server is 2.0.57, the client will automatically translate the
traffic to/from the server to its codepage (excluding file contents).
This is not enabled by default as it has the potential to be rather a
mess if mixed with non-2.0.57 clients (the cvs.cvsnt.org server has a
multilingual file in its root - testáéíóú.txt.  Without -o you get it in
UTF8, and with -o you get it in the ANSI codepage so windows sees the
right name.

One thing to watch is the command line doesn't seem to use the same
codepage, so if you're checking something out in the command line it
might look munged - eg.
type CVS\Entries - looks like crap
notepad CVS\Entries - correct

* Ability to add/remove expansion options using update -k+ and update -k-.

* Can specify realm in gserver.

* The usual bug fixes (quite a lot of them, actually).

I'm going to put the 2.0.57 docs online with this release as the stable
release is planned for a few days anyway.