[cvsnt] Re: desagreement CVSNT/WINCVS

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Sep 28 17:11:05 BST 2004

The details help.  What version of CVSNT are you using?

fabien.lyon wrote:
> LockDir=d:/repositories/cvsbis/locks
> LockServer=localhost:2402
>
> So i'm waitting for lock file in the directory specified by LockDir
> variable, but the locks files are always created in directories of
> the repository.

You don't need a lockdir when you have the LockServer set up.  Make sure
the lockserver service is running on your server, and that you can
telnet to it local from the server.  Clients never directly connect to
LockServer.  When CVSNT is using the LockServer, there are no physical
files created anywhere for locks, but you will still get temp files
created when people are doing checkins and such.

It's OK if CVSNT program and repository are on different partitions.
I'd recommend you have the CVS temp dir set to a directory on the same
partition as the repository (this is just an assumption that it's faster
for CVSNT).

> The second one is
> I use the admin cvswrapper file to get merge by copy for few files of
> the project.
> This is working but I get the following message in the log window of
> wincvs when I use the update command :
> cvs update: -m wrapper option is not supported remotely; ignored

I have no idea on this one.  If you don't get an answer within a few
days then try asking again with some specificity in the subject or
posting to the bug tracker.

--
Glen Starrett