[cvsnt] Re: Problems Accessing CVS source

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Apr 5 22:52:58 BST 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:14:19 -0700, "Matt Schuckmann"
<matthew_schuckmann at amat.com> wrote:

>How do I get the CVS access to the repository to work?

Right now you will probably fail, because the CVSNT server seems to be
down. I have a write access account there and I cannot connect right
now.
Also, I have observed that the cvsnt mail list seems to be down as
well, only this newsserver seems to still work...

>What's the password for the annonomous access?

As published on the cvsnt site:
<quote>
Anonymous CVS access is provided. To check out use:

cvs -d :sserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs login
cvs -d :sserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co cvsnt
..or
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co cvsnt
</quote>

I think that the password is actually empty.
But I use my own account so I cannot say for sure...

>Is there another website for CVSNT besides the wiki site? The wiki site
>seems geared for users not developers

Here is the page where the reference on how to get the sources is
located:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download
(Currently it seems to be out of order, though, there should be links
to the recent builds here, but they have disappeared for some strange
reason...)

Here is where you can get *all* of the old archives including
installers and old source snapshots as well:
http://www.cvsnt.org/archive/
This one still works! :-)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)