[cvsnt] Running OpenSSH and CVSNT on Windows server 2003 - Is it possible?

Carol S. Schendorf csschendorf at fhms.com
Tue Apr 5 23:29:30 BST 2005

The good news: I have been successful in setting up CVSNT and OpenSSH on
a Windows2k server.

The Bad news: Unfortunately, the IT group requires that current CVS
server be upgraded to Windows Server 2003.

For the last week or two so I have tried to get this working: I have
tried the same version of CVSNT which is working just fine in win2k
(2.0.58d); installed newer versions of CVSNT - 2.0.5.01.1901, and
2.5.1.1923; and I have done a manual install of the cygwin SSH binaries
following directions I found posted here and in the vague email lists. I
have checked and rechecked the port connections and verified that virus
protection and firewall issues are not causing a problem. I have
generated keys using CVSNT and also using SSH. Despite all of this, I
can't establish a basic SSH connection to the CVS repository. It seems
like there is basic problem with Server 2003 and starting the SSH
service.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Carol S.

This e-mail and any attachments may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and deleting it from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation. First Horizon Merchant Services.