RCS Keyword Conflicts During Merge (was RE: [cvsnt] Re: minor Buginupdate in Build 1927)

Matthew_Schuckmann at Etec.com Matthew_Schuckmann at Etec.com
Wed Apr 6 18:29:37 BST 2005

Yes so far, this is the solution I've found documented on the web.

It appears to work for everything but the $log$ keyword which is handled
differently than other keywords. It is recommend that you not use the
$log$ keyword because it can become out of date.

I've only been using CVS for about a month so I'm no expert but so far
this seems to work for me.

Matt S.

The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential.  If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any
use or distribution is prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

"David Hauck" <davidh at netacquire.com>
04/06/2005 10:22 AM

Matthew Schuckmann/ETEC/APPLIED MATERIALS at AMAT, <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
cc

Subject
RE: RCS Keyword Conflicts During Merge (was RE: [cvsnt] Re: minor
Buginupdate in Build 1927)

Hi Matt, yes, that would make sense (up -j -kk..., with subsequent commit
omitting any keyword expansion options). So this is what you do to
explicitly ignore these sorts of conflicts from appearing?
Regards,
-David