[cvsnt] 2.5.01.1927 $USER in loginfo

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Apr 15 18:12:43 BST 2005

Tony,

I upgraded to 2.5.01.1927 and looks like I'm mostly running properly,
except for the $USER field that is getting passed in loginfo & taginfo.
  With the new escaping necessary, my usernames are loosing the \ in
them (e.g. mydomain\username comes in as mydomainusername).  I thought
this was addressed before, but I can't remember for sure and it's
obviously here now (and I've been extremely busy with other stuff lately).

The effect of this is that the usernames can't be properly matched in
the user file with Bo's cvsMailer application, unless I put entries in
there without the \... but then I still need the ones with the \ so it
will match up with the usernames that I put on the command line.

Is there another variable I should use (e.g. $USERESC) or is this a
problem overall with the new escaping?

loginfo:
DEFAULT cmd /C echo I am mydomain\\myuser, but you think I am $USER

output when committing:
I am mydomain\myuser, but you think I am mydomainmyuser

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett