[cvsnt] Workaround: CVSMailer with cvsnt 2.5.01.1927

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Apr 15 18:33:36 BST 2005

I think Bo is on holidays, so I'm posting this workaround in case anyone
else needs it.

With CVSMailer using the current stable CVSNT build (2.5.01.1927), there
is a minor issue with the $USER variable which causes the "from" address
never to be filled in properly if the username has a backslash in it
(e.g. MyDomain\UserName).  There are a couple workarounds you can use:

1)  Double up on the user file entries.  For every user definition you
have with a \ in the name, create an identical entry without the \ in
it, like so:

   MyDomain\UserName:"User Name <user.name at domain.com>"
   MyDomainUserName:"User Name <user.name at domain.com>"

2)  If you have primarily just 1 domain your users are in, then set that
as your default domain in CVSNT.  That will remove the domain name from
the user strings (unverified since my users are in 3 domains).

--
Glen Starrett