[cvsnt] Checkout freezes on last file

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Thu Apr 21 00:52:21 BST 2005

At Wednesday 2005-04-20 14:13, Glen Starrett wrote:
>Torsten Martinsen wrote:
>>Tony Hoyle wrote:

>>What's the status on this one?
>
>I saw in an "latest updates" type note from Tony after this was discussed
>that he had applied an update to plink but commented something to the
>effect of: didn't test, just made sure the patch looked sane.  I don't
>remember if this was to the stable release or the latest test branch though.
>
>Never mind... found it ("Latest updates", 3/22/05)
>
> > cvsnt 2.5.02 Experimental build 1914
> >
> > This is a test build for the new branch.
> >
> > * Merge putty changes from Bjoren Davis.  I haven't had much chance to
> > look at this beyond checking it makes sense...
> > * Install control server, which will handle things like remote admin
> > eventually (possibly also repository browsing).
> > * Test command for new core code:
>[snip]

unfortunately, I still get that behavior on occasion using the sourceforge
server.
in particular the one hosting boost.
I have a script that 4 times a day does an   update -dPA   followed by a build.
every once in a while I find it stalled (apparently near the end) of the
update (i.e. a file that I _know_ is "M" is listed in the log and it's very
near the end of the tree).

That also reminds me, getting CVS to actually tell us the order the files
will be processed could be useful (without actually processing them, of
course).

Victor A. Wagner Jr.      http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"