[cvsnt] SSH and CVSNT

Joelle Tegwen tegwe002 at umn.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:03:45 BST 2005

I just installed the most recent version of CVSNT (2.5.01.1927) and I'm
looking for the best way to set up security.

I'm running on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I've got users on both
Mac (OSX) and PC (WinXP) I'm an administrator on the server but I'm just the
programmer in a small shop and all I know about servers I've learned by
osmosis. (and having to install this stuff)

I got sspi working, but I've heard ssh is more secure so I'm thinking about
trying to get that to work.

I saw an old post (2003) saying that cvsnt doesn't natively support ssh. Is
this still true?

The documentation I'm using for setting up the ssh on the client side is
this http://www.bsdconsulting.no/wincvs-ssh/ but how about for a mac? The
puTTY FAQ says:

A.3.6 Will there be a port to the Mac?

There are several answers to this question:

*	The Unix/Gtk port is already fully working under Mac OS X as an X11
application.
*	A native (Cocoa) Mac OS X port is in progress. It's just about
usable, but is of nowhere near release quality yet, and is likely to behave
in unexpected ways.
*	A separate port to the classic Mac OS (pre-OSX) is also in progress;
it too is not ready yet.

But I'm not sure what that means in terms of running pagent (which seams to
make transactions faster)

Is there anything else I should know about setting up ssh or is this just a
bad idea if I'm not using *NIX?

Thanks!
Joelle Tegwen