[cvsnt] Corrupted Word Doc

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Tue Apr 26 16:11:53 BST 2005

I just realized that a commit must not have gone well as I can no longer
open a Word document from my local sandbox. MS Word gives me a memory
reference error.  I was able to check out the previous revision and open
it, and other documents open OK as well.  Here's what the log says about
the file:

Rcs file : '/usr/local/cvs/doc/CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc,v'
Working file : 'CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc'
Head revision : 1.2
Branch revision :
Locks : strict
Access :
Keyword substitution : 'b'
Total revisions : 2
Selected revisions : 0
Description :

That's what it shows through the WinCVS interface.  If I do a status on
the server I get:

File: CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc       Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.2     Tue Apr 26 14:54:04 2005
   Repository revision: 1.2
/usr/local/cvs/doc/CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc,v
   Expansion option:    b
   Commit Identifier:   69bf426d3d8ea124
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      -kb
   Merge From:          (none)

Both of which look OK to me....  Is there anything else I can check before
just dropping back to revision 1.1 and re-doing my changes?

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 583-6337