[cvsnt] Re: "unknown protocol" error after upgrading

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 2 12:20:30 BST 2005

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:21:48 +0000, Ann Lynnworth <ann at href.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Today I upgraded from cvsnt 2.0.51.c to 2.5.01.1976.  I used the
>Windows msi installer.  I did not see any error messages during
>installation nor in the event log. During installation, I kept
>sserver checked (on), and its DLL is in the program folder as would
>be expected.

Did you first *uninstall* 2.0.51d???

Remember that the 2.0.51d was made with the Innosetup installer and
there may well be interactions if you just run the MSI for a newer
version on top of that.
One thing that has changed is the name of the service for instance, in
2.0.51d time it was named cvs but nowadays its name is cvsnt, this
caused a lot of problems even for the Innosetup installer that I
continue to maintain. But I have now code in the install script that
locates and uninstalls the old cvs service if it exists. I do not
belive the MSI installer can do this...

/Bo Berglund