[cvsnt] cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

Gyökeres Ladislav gyokeres at ba.psg.sk
Tue Aug 2 15:54:42 BST 2005

Hi,
every time I try to update my sandbox, I get error message:
    cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

I get this message even if I want to make diff or try to checkout new
modules. I was searching this newsgroup, but I could find nothing useful.

We are using sspi protocol. On server machine cvsnt 2.0.58d is running
(version based on "cvs -version").
I could update the sandbox on the server (Win2K) without any problem with
WinCVS 1.3.20.2 Beta 20 (Build 2) using sspi protocol, but I wasn't able to
make this on my machine (WinXP SP2). I use the same setting as the server
does. I tried to reinstall my WinCVS with the newest version but didn't
help. I use WinCVS 2.0.2.3 (Build 3) now.

I am sure the server is accessible. I checked it with "telnet server_ip
2401" and the console window apeared as expected.
I am using NOD32 antivirus but I set exception for cvs.exe, cvsservice.exe
and cvslock.exe (I know NOD causes problems to CVSNT).

What does this error message mean exactly? Any suggestions, what can be
wrong?

Thanks,
Laco