[cvsnt] Re: Problem connecting to repository using SSPI

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 2 20:21:22 BST 2005

Matt Schuckmann wrote:
> Yes I have Access Successful and Failure for Full control selected
> for both myself and my user.
>
> One thing I noticed is that at the repository level I have
> permissions to "Change Permissions", "Take Ownership", and "Delete
> Subfolders and Files" my user does not have any of thes permission's,
> should he? Higher up at the drive level he has even less permission's
> but he at least has "Traverse folder", "List Folder", and "Read"
> permissions

The only thing he (and LocalSystem of course) needs is Traverse Folder,
until it gets to the repository level.

At the repository it's entirely down to you except read access is needed
to the CVSROOT/config file at a minimum (possibly a couple of others...
there was a wiki entry on the minimum permissions at one time).